If you love to dance, you would most likely be interested in learning about where dance originated from and the history about it. Dance is a form of self-expression that has been popular throughout history which is something that makes it unique. Although dance has a long history throughout many different cultures, here are a few interesting facts about dance history.
- Egyptian paintings from as long ago as 1400 BC depict figures dancing
- The first dramatic ballet occurred in France in 1581
- Jazz dance oriented at the end of the 19th century in primarily New Orleans
- Hip-Hop dancing was discovered in the 70’s to accompany the rise of hip-hop music
- Dancing was largely religious in the past and also as a healing ritual
- Public dancing was banned in India after it became linked to trafficking and prostitution
These are just some of the fascinating facts that show how dance has evolved throughout history. Dance has always been an important part of a culture and will continue to be one as long as it can be a way of self-expression.